Let Us Help You Get Connected
Click and view additional troubleshooting information below.
Log In Now
Tips and Tricks To Help You Log In Successfully
- Make sure you have a strong internet or wireless connection
- Be sure to carefully type your mobile phone number
- Make sure you allow both video and audio controls
- You will see a pop up (often on the upper left hand side of your monitor if using a desktop computer) be sure to click ALLOW.
- If using a mobile device be sure to allow notifications
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of each screen to ensure all required fields are complete
Other helpful ways to make sure you get the care you need:
Allow any popups that ask you for access to your camera and microphone
Use a device with a camera and microphone — a computer is preferred
Switch to wifi instead of cellular service if you're on a smartphone or tablet
Online Visit Instructions
- Once your appointment is confirmed you'll receive a link (text/email) to visit our online platform.
- Click the link to start your online visit at your scheduled appointment time.
- Arrive early if possible to give yourself time to get logged in and set up.
- If you are new to our virtual platform, create a new account and select “Start New Visit.”
- If you are a parent registering a child under 18, be sure to click “Add Child” and then “Start” to create the visit for your child and not for yourself.
- Each child, spouse or family member over 18 must create their own account.
- Answer a few quick questions and click “Start New Visit” and a clinician will be with you shortly
- If your provider determines you need to be tested or need further care, head to The Urgency Room. We'll be waiting for you.
- You must be in Minnesota at the time of the video visit.
- Minors under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when presenting to The Urgency Room.
- Your results are stored within the app shortly after you've been tested.
- COVID Testing:
- Our rapid test is Abbots ID Now molecular NAAT (nucleic acid amplification) test.
- Online testing is available for patients who have minor COVID symptoms
- People with more complex symptoms should schedule an in-person visit to be evaluated face-to-face by a provider and clinical team.
What to Expect
Once you have successfully logged into our online platform and click Start Visit, you’ll be placed in the virtual waiting room. A healthcare provider will see you as quickly as possible, you'll receive a text message as soon as they are ready to see you. If your visit requires any additional testing or evaluation you will be instructed to visit one of our clinics. We'll be waiting for you.
When You Need More Care
If you need more care than we can give you in a telemedicine visit, we’ll get you into The Urgency Room as quickly as possible to continue your visit in person.